We took Asher to get his one year pictures finally. We had to wait a few weeks (which turned into a month) because I cut Asher's hair myself right before his birthday and it was not picture worthy! We let it grow out some and then got it done by Des - which I should have just done in the first place! :) Lesson learned....
I think that the pictures turned out so cute and really show his wild personality! We got them done at Target in Riverdale. He is definitely not a little baby any more and he lets me know that every day!
Asher at one:
1. Not quite walking but can take a couple of steps on his own. He mostly prefers to hold both of my hands (or anyone else's) and walk while steering me where ever he wants to go.
2. Loves to be outside. He plays in his sandbox on the back deck everyday.
3. Determined to do things his way and get what he wants.
4. Throws tantrums on the floor when things don't go his way. He lays on his belly and puts his head on his arms, looking down at the ground while crying pitifully. He will check and make sure I am watching and then continue.
5. Has a good vocabulary including Mama, Dada, Uh-Oh, Kitty, Dog, and Cracker.
6. Communicates that he wants to eat something he sees by smacking his lips - all the time! Anytime he sees anything that looks like it could be food or drink he smacks. If he doesn't get it see #4.
7. Loves his "B" which is a special blanket made by Nana. We actually have several of these in various sizes. When he can see more than one, like on laundry day, he has to have them all and will work until he has them all. If he can see a "B" but can't get it (like out of a laundry pile) see #4.
8. Is still a picky eater. He is pretty good a feeding himself things he wants with a fork or spoon and doesn't like any help. He definitely loves his sweets still and still hates baby food - not for a lack of trying.
9. Loves the dog and kitty at our house. The dog puts up with him climbing all over, poking and pulling. They are good buddies. The kitty mostly avoids him. He also likes to look at the chickens but doesn't want to touch them.
10. Thinks everything is designed to be pushed around. He loves to push his trucks and cars but also his music table and laundry baskets. When he gets stuck on a wall or carpet or if what he wants to push just won't move - cue #4. :)
11. Is a Daddy's boy through and through. He loves to rough house and just hang out with Daddy. He has Daddy (any admittedly Mommy) wrapped around his chubby little finger - see #4! :) He will give Daddy and Mommy both kisses when asked - all open mouthed and sloppy - and melts our hearts on a regular basis!
We went to San Diego in February for some fun in the sun! This picture is Asher's favorite thing from the whole trip - a stick! Yep, that is right. After being there for 3 days (2 at Sea World and 1 at San Diego Zoo) Asher found a stick and was sold!
He did like the Sea Lions (just not as much as the stick), which are my favorite too!
We had a lot of fun.
He really liked all the animals that he was able to see. Here he is watching the whales and being so calm and still.
Here he is a wild monster. This is what he is most of the time!
He turned one on March 17. Happy First Birthday little guy!
I took Asher swimming for the first time before Christmas. He loved it and is definitely a water baby! This is he wrinkly, little foot long before he was ready to get out (underwater by the way because my new camera can do that :). Have you ever seen such a cute little guy?
Just chilling in the kiddy pool. My mom and sisters came and it was a lot of fun.
We had a very merry Christmas.
Our little family on Christmas Eve.
Asher eating a candy cane Santa gave him.
Sitting on Santa's lap. Even though he isn't quite sure he didn't even cry!
Picking out the Christmas tree.
Then the merriness ended and we had a horrible new years. We went to St. George with friends to ride the dunes and shop. Asher started puking about 8 hours after we got there and didn't stop the rest of the trip (2 days). We did not sleep, went through all of our clean clothes way too fast and were generally miserable. Jonny ended up getting sick too. The misery continued even when we got home on the 3rd, which is my 29th birthday, with puking and pooping both! So Merry Christmas and a Happy Crappy Birthday too me.....