Thursday, May 7, 2009

California

For those of you who don't read my sisters' blogs, we all went out to California because Grandma Jensen fell and broke her hip. (If you read Amanda's and Jamie's blogs, you already know this because I am the last to post about it!) My Grandma lives in the same little town where my mom grew up on the coast in northern California. It really is northern (as opposed to central like San Fransisco) just a few hours from Oregon. The drive was long (18 hours) but the kids were really good and it was worth it when we got there. We did all of the things that we did as children when we would spend weeks every summer up there. That includes visiting the statues of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox, the seashell store, the beach, and walking in the Redwood forest. I wish that Asher would be able to remember it because I don't know if we will ever make it out there again. Jonny (and all of the other husbands) were unable to make it so it was just a girl trip which was fun but we sure missed the boys.

Paul Bunyan's giant shoe!





At the beach.


Sequoia redwoods.



Jaycee, Nana, Me and Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment